Tuesday, February 5, 2008

's

"Patience is a virtue." That line never meant so much to me as it does today. I thought this photo class would take up time, however, this pinhole process has been a long frustrating process for me. After spending the entire weekend and beginning of the week at the lab, facing late nights and exhaustion I kept getting to the point of giving up. During the pinhole process I went through three cameras. Finally I got my granola bar box to work. In the beginning I had no negatives that developed. Eventually I made another camera and the negatives started to come out, however, they were warped. I was not sure why this was happening. It was now Sunday afternoon and still no pictures to use. Therefore, I decided to create my last camera. Finally the negatives were coming out but it was a process trying to figure out the exposure time, ghosting, etc. Making the positives was another process, while trying to figure out test strips, filter level, etc. Finally at the end of the process I was happy with the photos I finally was able to achieve. It took a looonggg time and I was starting to get impatient and frustrated I was wasting paper. However, I waited and continued with the project and finally had pictures I was proud of and that related to each other how I wanted them to. Overall this first project made me love and hate the photography class. There were many emotions that came to me during the photography process. However, I feel that in the end, it teaches us about patience and not taking for granted the actual cameras we are going to use and to really focus and work hard until you find that perfect picture. No matter what obstacles you face with the process you need to just keep going!

No comments: