Tuesday, April 29, 2008

the blog itself

I was not one to blog often before. Recently I have been blogging clearly because we all need to blog, but I think there is more to it now. I finally am starting to enjoy the pictures I am printing and finding other art I appreciate or not like as well. I think coming from a different major, I came into class thinking I was just going to take some "cool" pictures. However, it has become more than that. I want to find something I love in the photos. I hate when they come out crappy and I have taken an awful role. It has been hard trying to buy supplies and keep up this semester. However, I think I have come to respect fine arts majors more than I ever did before. It truly takes so much time to create a final project you love and even then it might never come out before. Like Sonia was saying before she wanted a project to express her family and it took her years to finally capture what she wanted. One of my best friends is a fine arts major and every year she has spent hours upon hours on her projects. I always appreciated the art and the work that goes into it, but taking this class you realize how much more time you have to spend. You honestly can only study for a test for so long and work on a paper for so long. People could argue my point and state you could always do more but I do not agree. The topic is not going to change. There is only so much information you should put in papers or only so much information you can learn for a test. However, with art you have so many options and might be changing your idea up until the last second, which can be such a stressful situation. It is just very different than any class I have had before and although I really loved it, it was a lot of work and I will never take for granted photo processing again! :)

No comments: