Monday, April 21, 2008

Final & Photos

I have been looking at different types of photography portaying men and women in different lights. It has been really hard to try and figure out what I am going for and what I want my photos to display. I have many ideas but when trying to take the picture they do not work for me. I do not want to just do a project on some theme without any reason. I am very passionate about equality and human rights, but I am having trouble finding the types of picture I want around Stonehill and locally. Also I do not just want to take just random candids. I really would like to express the essence of men and women through portraits, however, I had trouble with that project a few weeks ago. When looking through the different types of black and white photography I came across these three images. The bottom one I felt was interesting. At first I did not notice the man staring at the women in the back of the photo. All I noticed at first was a thin women in a formal outfit, but it is flying up inappropriatly. I also did not enjoy the second image. I feel like this is not what I want. It is just a portrait with a girl looking upset, and it does not display anything to me at all. The picture above that I loved with the face of the man and woman merged. You can still tell it is a man and woman but they also displayed simliar characteristics which is more the feeling or mood you get from the picture. This project is still a work in progress, however, I know I need to finish it soon. I just am having a lot of trouble getting what I want to get out of the project and not just to complete something for a grade.








No comments: