Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Response to Marine Wedding

I was just checking out the class blog and looked at Nina Berman's Marine Wedding photos. One word really comes to my mind when you see them and it is haunting. These photos are what I really enjoy about photography. They are expressing a view or passion that the photographer holds. Sometimes it is harder to grasp, but there is a point to that photo. The photo below is one that I found while searching different photos that reminds me of that wedding album. It just disturbs me the faces and terror in the children while the soldiers are following behind. They seem so nonchalant in comparsion. I also like that this photo is in black and white. It gives a more dim feeling of the photo and the dark background behind the people makes me wonder if there are bodies lying all around there. The middle child who is naked scares me more than anyone. You wonder what happened to him? Why is he upset and naked? There is just so much to this picture that bothers me and what makes it worse is that it is reality.


No comments: